Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just seeing if anyone had any information on a drum to disk conversion on the front of these trucks.

being that its leaf springs suspension in front, i assume there isnt another year F series that are compatible.

but im hoping :/

any info will be much appreciated thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
We also have done the 4th gen F-100 manual disc swap on my son's '64 using GM calipers. We used a different but similar bracket setup. The conversion is inexpensive, simple and very effective.
:tup:
David

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome exactly what i need! thanks a lot guys

how about brake booster and master cylinder?
any certain aplications dont work or work best?

theres a lot of fire wall space, any truck booster may work as long as it clears the hood.
im ofcourse going dual master cylinder

thanks again

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
I'm not the answer guy on 4G F-100s, but stock '70s and '80s PB stuff will bolt-up if converting from manual to power. Same if staying manual, which is what we did as we didn't want to change-out the whole pedal assembly and such, and we weren't towing houses, so power brakes were not at all necessary. A fresh 1970s $25 master, a P-valve, and some brake line and fittings did it all. We kept the old brake pressure switch on the front T-block so no extra wiring and works great. There are lots of articles and posts about it with lots of ideas to do the similar things, so do a search and pick your path.
:tup:
David

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
awesome exactly what i need! thanks a lot guys

how about brake booster and master cylinder?
any certain applications don't work or work best?

theres a lot of fire wall space, any truck booster may work as long as it clears the hood.
im of course going dual master cylinder

thanks again
I tend to leave my stuff manual brakes with no booster, and I've used a master cylinder for an early 70s Ford truck with front discs and manual brakes. Think it was 72 3/4 ton that had the option. You'll also need a suitable proportioning valve & brake lines.

If you must have power brakes, I'm sure any Ford Truck setup would be easy to adapt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts