Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened to check my front coils the other day & realized I had these rubber stubbys in between the individual wound coils. Some sort of "help" I'm sure.

I would like to replace the coils BUT I'd prefer to get the front end in the air a bit ala the 60's. Not a gasser mind you just a little rake to the front.

Any coil pring suggestions?

6t4 bolt

·
Registered
66 Posts
My 64 Sports Coupe was origanilly a 289 car when I put the 427 FE in I ordered BB front springs but they did not raise the front much at all. My car has a slight nose down rake.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
If one cannot afford to deal with DEARBORN SPRINGS, then the next method would be to acquire a coil spring coil listing book giving sizing and rates and ciphering from there. There are very few that can guess what replacement spring that is need on a particular application, especially non-OEM.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
If you call Eaton Detroit spring & tell them what your trying to do they will make you exactly what you need
Glenn here in Toronto had the same issues, big block springs didn;t do what he wanted, Eaton,who has all the specs from Ford for our cars, made up a set of coils & 5 leaf rear springs too, & Glenn got the exact ride height he wanted
Glenns car- 64 Fairlane post - 427 side oiler

1 - 7 of 7 Posts