Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I'm new here. I was just wondering what you guys have done for your connectors mainly tying in the front; just curious before I get under there and design something; my first Ford project.
The car has an AM 4 bar in back so rear tie in is easy. Not interested in buying premade ones. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
I used 1.5 x 3 straight tubing and cut the ends at a 45 and capped them. I removed the paint and used weld through primer and seam sealer to finish it. You want to extend the bracing under the seat to stiffen it and be a tie into the connector. They are just pressed up and welded to the heavy metal by rear spring and front connecter point. Some guys push the rear floor up but I cut the floor and welded it the length of the contact there for strength. I was adding a 4R70 trans so I also planned on using the connectors for a connection to the cross member. It really makes a differance especially if you use the car hard.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I used the same as iwantmore, but ran it right along the rocker and welded full length. ends were cut to match torque boxes.

Pete

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. Per your advice I cut the ends at 45 degrees and capped on 3" x 2" tube. I went inboard about 11" with mine. The rear connector is welded to the rear 4 bar clip. The front of the connector is welded to the front torque box. This will allow for a good location for the roll bar hoop kicker tube to connect to. Under the car I grabbed the rear torque box with an outrigger. From the engine compartment I braced the cab to the front subframe. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts