Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I found some headers on my local craigslist that say they fit 64-67 mustang and 62-65 falcon. Will those fit my 289 64 fairlane?
Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Tri y's will also but do some research. I've heard some won't. All the guys here have told me the 6134's will fit but changing plugs is a pain. Hooker makes blockhuggers that will fit and are pretty affordable

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Bam

Those Longtube headers pictured wont fit without some shock tower mods.

I'm not sure about the Hedman shortys.

I would just go ahead and do some shock tower trimming if I was you. It's very easy to do. and can be cleaned up and painted very nice. Most people won't even know you have changed anything.

Jet

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Jet is right, I;m running those exact Hedman long tubes, but, my towers are notched ala RRS notching kit.
You can check over at the Fairlane club of America, if I recall, other than the Hooker 6134's there is a company, Ford "something", that makes a set of long tubes that fit the 62-65's.
I will look up the name, when I get home if you can't find it

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
I tried a set of Shortys on my 64 before I bought the 6134's. I had some interference, but I don't recall where. Sent them back and bought the Hookers.

Check with Dougs, Hooker and Hedman also.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Jet- Yes, F.Performance makes a set I;ve been told & I;ve also read over at Fairlane club that Doug;s do also, but haven't tried either

1 - 13 of 13 Posts