Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rebuilt motor, rebuilt tranny. She is having trouble shifting when cold... (southern california) Usually takes about 5 minutes of 30mph driving - hi rpm in first gear before she will actually shift to second. Once she does though, she is fine. Shifts a little hard at times too. Any thoughts. I was having some carburator intake problems, that I thought would solve the problem, but they did not.

Tim

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Sorry I don't know whats wrong with your car but it must be common with this drivetrain as we had the exact same problem with our 63 falcon with the same motor and tranny.I solved the problem by swaping in a 302-c4

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Could they have used the wrong seals on the servo? Maybe sticking or leaking till the seals warm up? Could be the servo bore is worn and leaking.

You can pull the servo on the C4's by running the strut adjutment in tight and pulling the servo cover and then the servo. 99% of the time, without pulling the pan. You should be able to do this with the C3. You can trying pulling it and see if the seals are inside the groove or they are out far enough to seal without pulling the tranny.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts