Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We aare thinking of buying a 64 falcon on a full tub chassi. he has had the car for 15 years or so. I leaves straight but unloads in gear changes 1st to 2nd. and 4th to 5th. the front end is coil over shock system. the rear is ladder bars with coilovers they are no adjustable spring, now you can buy them with adjustable system. will this help with unloading. I started when they moved the trans bar back 2.75". when they toook it of the chassi unloaded. if that was the case can we put it on a fram straighter and pull it back in place and put a gusit in place to keep it there. any help you can give me. anybody runnig a chassi car.

Alan

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks Chilly
this going to be a new ball game for us but we are losing about 600 lbs over the comet. It should be fun playing with it.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Low 1.20 60ft times are possible with that ladder bar chassis Falcon. If you get it, you will have a blast. Definitely move the bars up 1 or 2 holes. It will increase the downward shock to keep the tires planted during the shifts. If it was an automatic, then the lower holes would be better and put the trans bar back foreward where it was. The adjustable shocks and adjustable coil over springs are so easy to adjust and make the car leave straight and launch the way you want it to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts