Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my grandad gave me a 64 Ford falcon he bought in 1989 for fifty dollars no motor or trans. I went and got it from "the farm" thanksgiving day this year. Skip a few weeks we started working on it. I've bought me a maverick parts car so we could convert it to five lug and take the 250 and auto trans out.here's a few pics from beginning to recent.

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Cool! I think you'll find the 250 is too long in length to fit right though. If you're going through all that trouble put a 302 in it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hey man that is a GREAT PROJECT AND FOR ONLY $50! Sounds like a steal to me even if it was in 1989. Just give her a little love and your $ AND TIME and she will be close to your heart...hahahahaha! Oh yeah I am talking about the car!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well im in high school and dont really have the funds for a 302 right now if i wanted to do anything else to the car. I read that i can use the maverick motor mounts to make it fit just going to have to put new holes in the frame.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Cool project - I am of course a little biased toward the 64-65 sedans...

You can make it fit...I was told by lots of people that an FE was a bad idea...too heavy, won't fit, old technology etc....just go with a 302/5.0. Well now that it is in and running all those guys seems to think it is cool and have forgotten about telling me it was a bad idea.....

Pierre

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been looking on ford six, and they can make some power out of these motors. Im not to worried about that right now though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well havnt got much done to it. Pulled everything out of the dash. Once it warms up im going to soda blast everything. right now im in the process of pulling everything i need from the maverick and cleaning it up. Got the hubs off also

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts