Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 64 falcon futura 4 door with a 200 6cly and 3 on the tree i am looking for a trans rebuild kit from what i have found my car has the 2.77 trans is this correct if so were can i find a rebuild kit from all i have found on this trans they were all thought of as junk from the factory but i dont have the money to do the t5 swap at this time

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Are you talking 3 speed manual or auto as in C4? If it's a C4 rebuild kits are available at any auto parts store around, or can be ordered from them. Since you're having trouble I'll assume you're talking manual trans. For that I'd stop by a local transmission shop and ask them. Probably not a very popular trans so parts might be hard to get. :(

John

·
Registered
83 Posts
You may be better off to shop for a good used trans that someone had left over from an upgrade. I wouldn't spend a lot of money on parts. What problems are you having with yours?

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Don't spend any money on a 2.77 three speed. You should find at least a 3.03 three speed or better yet, find a Dagenham 4-speed and a floor shifter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts