Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start by appologizing because I'm sure this thread has been done to death but I really can't recall seeing any opinions for or against the mustang II swap kits. I'm just wandering how much it's really going to cost me to get the front of this car lined out. By the time I find the parts for a granada brake swap, fix the front mounting point for the pass. side strut rod, cut the shock towers for more room, rebuild (or new?) steering box, shocks, springs, and rebuild kit would it really be that much more just to buy the mustangII kit that I think comes with all this? I can see the big positives of this kit are probably a better ride and getting rid of the shock towers. But what are some of the negatives? I'm planning on a big block and mostly just scaring the bajesus out of people on the street.
No road racing or hard cornering or anything like that. Just wandering what some of you spent rebuilding your front ends and if the savings were THAT much over the mustang IIs.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The rebuild kit from Kanter is about $300, Springs are an additional $100, an additional $75-100 for lowered springs. I too need the strut bracket for the passenger's side, add another $50 for steel if you do it yourself, then about $150-200 if you have someone do the welding/fabrication for you. So this brings you to about $450 without lowering springs, and about $750 with lowering springs and paying someone to do the strut bracket thing. I have about 450 fiqured in for my 64's front end, but thats without alingment.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am In process of installing mustang II rack and pinion I will have power steering and power disc brakes also adjustable coil-over springs. I am installing 1969 351w cost 3 gram. I have alot of front end parts some new in box came with car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the price comparison guys! I kinda figured the mustang II setup would be quite a bit more, just wondering if anyone who had installed one could talk me into spending the extra cash by telling me how much better it was. I'm pretty much leaning toward the stock style suspension since I already have the crites shock tower kit here and am starting to fab up a mounting point for the strut brace. I see crites offers that too. Might give him the $150 and save myself the aggravation. I was also wondering if anyone has had a manual steering box rebuilt. Mine's pretty sloppy and out of adjustment so I am looking for info on prices for rebuilding one or if anyone offers new ones? Thanks again for the info guys!

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
I just ordered 2" lowering coils from Eaton springs for $169. Were supposed to be shipped today. PST also has them a little cheaper i think? But were going to to take 8 to 10 weeks. Thats crazy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts