Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks !I'm in need of interior help on my 64 Galaxie 500 2 dr. fb. The car I bought was put together with a 64 XL donor car and I need to decipher what is XL and what is not.Is there a web site that has a bunch of pics showing interior shots of these cars ?I need window regulator help,(how to restore them) and I need sun visor help. One of my sun visors has a 3 screw pattern, and one has a 4 screw pattern,is this correct for a 2 dr. fb ?
Thanks for any help in advance !
Red

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
I don't know of a web site that shows the difference between a 500 and a 500XL, but here is some pictures of my interior that I had on the computer. It is a original '64 XL interior. The triple gauge set mounted under the dash isn't stock. Either is the temp gauge mounted on the front speaker grill. Everything else if factory correct. Maybe they can help you out a little.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know of a web site that shows the difference between a 500 and a 500XL, but here is some pictures of my interior that I had on the computer. It is a original '64 XL interior. The triple gauge set mounted under the dash isn't stock. Either is the temp gauge mounted on the front speaker grill. Everything else if factory correct. Maybe they can help you out a little.
thanks a bunch for the pics. !!!!

·
Administrator
21,678 Posts
The biggest difference in the XL is it has bucket seats and the door panels and handles inside are different. Horn ring will say XL in the middle, glove box door will have galaxie xl and on the outside the long trim piece on the quarter panel will have the "twinkle" piece at the end rather than plain. Totally forget for sure but don't think the non XL has the center speaker grill in the seat back but that i could be wrong on. The pics Ron posted should show you all you need though.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Non XL does not have the chrome over the rear seat nor the rear speaker, unless the car came with a speaker option in the rear package tray.

Gas, clutch, and brake pedals are different.

Moldings on ther sides of the front fenders are different also.

Surpisingly, the griile emblem is the same for both models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts