Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so any body out there willing to share a little bit of info with me on what the biggest cam is i could put in my motor 352 interceptor i have headers, intake, shaved heads, bored .30 over, and a mild cam but i want humpffff out of my old girl and with that said i know nothing about head stuff so i quess what im wanting to know is what is the biggest cam i could install without having to head work like new valves and springs and stuff thanks for any and info

·
Registered
830 Posts
Without knowing where your valve springs are now, I wouldn't change a thing. The biggest seat of the pants gain will be a set of gears to get the big boat moving from a dead stop and get that lil 352 in its sweeter spot faster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so basicly like a set of 4:11 gearing is what ur saying? but ya the heads are completly stock besides the shaved part but stock springs and lifters and i thought i saw on here that .500 is like the maximum lift i could get but i was just wanting to double check before i purchase a cam and end up bending a push rod lol :(

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
For a modified engine, 4.11. For a mild street engine like yours, a 3.50.

Trans type?

As for the cam considering you just had the heads gone thru with stock springs, check out the 390 GT cam, C6OZ 6250-B (GOOGLE for cam events). It is fairly mild and should take the stock springs. These cam events are available from say CRANE or COMP. Speak with their TECH LINE before putting out any money.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
You may want to check to see what rear end gears you already have. My '64 Gal had a 3.25 gear, you wouldn't even notice the difference with a 3.50. You can also get a 3.70 or a 3.89 gear. Like KULUTZ said check with who ever you want to buy the cam from and make sure you mention how much you had shaved off the heads. Piston to valve clearance might be an issue. Also make sure you find out if you will need a higher stall convertor. If you have the wrong convertor ( if you have an automatic trans) it could run worse with a bigger cam.
Good luck :).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts