Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

does anybody know if the roof of a 64 galaxie 4 door hardtop and it's mercury monterey sibling are the same parts?

Because i am in search of a whole new roof with a and c pillars on it for my 64 gal and DVAP offered me a 64 monterey roof, which actually has the same part number. But i'm not sure if it's really completely the same.

So if anyone knows some facts about it that would be so helpfull.

Or even better, if anyone sells a Galaxie roof and is able to ship it to Houston, please just contact me.

Greetings

Till

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
no idea on 64s, but I got a 65 merc rear glass for our LTD, same size/shape, but all 4 corners 'curled in' about 1/4", where the ford glass was flat...had a helluva time getting it to seal(double sealant cord at center, almost nothing in corners) and had to twist all the stainless to get it anywhere near the glass... if noone told you, you wouldnt notice it...but honestly, I'm surprised it never broke as hard as the trim pushes on the centers...

but anyways, the 65 ford/merc roofs although looking identical were not theres a pic of the trim/glass in the link in my sig... no idea on 64, just wanted to mention. Ford wasnt cheap with stamping dies- I bought a gas filler door off a 65 4 door sedan, would you believe the sedan is identical, except exactly 3/8" longer? had to cut a strip out and weld it back together...otherwise identical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts