Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the Sanderson shorty FF390 headers on their 64 Galaxie with a FE engine? What was your experience with install. I have a 64 4dr, 57K miles, AC,PS,Cruisomatic with a 352 that I will be installing these headers in April. Anyone who has installed these on their 63-64 I'd be interested in hearing how the instal went.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone installed the Sanderson shorty FF390 headers on their 64 Galaxie with a FE engine? What was your experience with install. I have a 64 4dr, 57K miles, AC,PS,Cruisomatic with a 352 that I will be installing these headers in April. Anyone who has installed these on their 63-64 I'd be interested in hearing how the instal went.
I did not personally install them but I had them put on my 390. It was a pretty easy fitment. Definitely no clearance issues. Also make sure that you get them ceramic coated.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
perhaps you have to drop the starter, i have a PowerMaster ministarter but should fit with the stock starter.

no need of droping suspension parts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Got the car back yesterday with the new 390 installed. The Sanderson Headers bolted right up no clearance issues. However upon starting the engine heard an exhaust leak #5 cylinder. Pulled header off and sure enough there was a hole in the weld you could see light through. Engine never had a chance to warm up. Pulled header off and had to weld it up. But other then that they went in easy.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts