1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i'm searching for this part:

Is it called shackle in english?

We need to replace them, because the previous owner damaged them by driving to low and grinding them away.

Is it possible to buy them anywhere in the us as a new part? or does anyone sell a pair of those?

Thanks a lot,

Till

·
Registered
419 Posts
That would be the shackle hanger, and they are made out of spring steel. The shackle is the actual side bars that go between the spring and that hanger.

I've never seen replacements for sale, you'll probably have to source a pair from a junk yard. They are rivited to the frame, but you'll have to bolt the replacements in.

Good luck.

·
Registered
751 Posts
If it helps in your search, this part is the same from 1960 through 1964 full sized Ford car (likely Mercury as well).

Ford part number is: C0AZ-5775-A Shackle Hanger

No longer available from Ford, but there you have it in case you serendipitously run across someone with n-o-s Ford parts, for example.

Good luck as well! Norm

Is it possible to buy them anywhere in the us as a new part? or does anyone sell a pair of those?

Thanks a lot,

Till

·
Registered
408 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey,

thanks a lot for your quick answers.

the part number will help a lot and i will aks a few yards in the us for the part.

greetings from germany!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
^ you ever get these ?

I have some on one of my frames.

Let me know

L

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Hey,

thanks a lot for your quick answers.

the part number will help a lot and i will aks a few yards in the us for the part.

greetings from germany!
What part of Deutschland ?? My family came from die Hesse-Darmstadt area.
Nehmen Sie einige Bilder von jenen Galaxie und stellen Sie sie auf. Wir möchten sie sehen. ich habe umgedreht meine Fesseln, mein Auto in der Rückseite zu erheben, weil ich habe gewollt das heiße Rutenaussehen. ...I tatsächlich neue Fesseln gemacht hat, das Auto sogar mehr zu erheben. Es ist nicht hart, zu machen, Sie brauchen nur zwei Stückmetalle für jede Seite mit Löchern, die in ihnen gebohrt werden. Groß, Sie auf dem Forum zu haben! Rot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts