Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to take the front fender stainless trim pieces that have the Galaxie 500 on them and have the very center of the trim painted.This is the silver looking paint that is in the middle of the trim piece. Has anyone ever taken the lettering off of the trim and then re attached it , and if you did , what is the best way to put the lettering back on ?
Thanks,
Red

·
Registered
695 Posts
I believe the silver paint in the center of the trim is called argent paint. The "Galaxie 500" part has pins on the back of them that go through the stainless trim. The pins are then swagged or peened over to hold them on. I don't have my camera here or I would take a picture of the front trim piece that I have. It doesn't look like it would be very easy to remove the "Galaxie 500" part without grinding off the back side of those pins. Might be able to very carefully punch the swagged area back some to get the emblems off the stainless, but I wouldn't try it. Probably just easier to tape everything off real good before painting the argent area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts