Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still doing minor work on mine just put new interior and a new front bumper on mine. finally have the 460 cranking at the touch of the key. my only headache is none of my electrical is working in my dash. head light works, but the blinkers, dash lights, horn, dont work i ve done studied that diagram until i no where every wire is. lol when i leave my battery contected my tail lights stay on. i do need help, any in fo will be greatly accepted. oh by the way i lovrd that car shes a real beaut to me.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a similar problem with the dash lights on my '62 Galaxie. The blinkers, horn headlights and gauges work but the dash lights don't work. Makes it hard to drive at night not being able to see the speedo etc. I am thinking it has to be a bad ground somewhere.

Could be a bad ground causing your problems too or a bad fuse on the headlight switch. Those fuses are hard to get to. You almost have to release the headlight switch and pull it out from under the dash to get to it.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Did you paint the instrument cluster? If so, scratch some of the paint off in a couple of the indents where the screws go to hold it in and it will get the ground it needs. That's what was wrong with mine after painting.

Deb

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
^ Also, those bulbs in the instrument cluster ground themselves when they are pushed in, check all the bulbs.

lilrebel70737 - I just rewired my whole car, i only had headlights and tail lights.

$125 for the Ez wire kit, i did it over a month, took my time and learnt alot, now everything works.

L

1 - 4 of 4 Posts