Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a part # for a replacement gas cap. Preferably one from a local store napa, autozone, ect. Oreillys gave me one but it will not turn on. Its like it needs more distance between the "ears" and gasket.

·
Premium Member
5,564 Posts
Year I'm looking for one for a 65. Mine fits really loose in there, maybe I lost a gasket somewhere. Not going to pay $20 to stop $2 of gas from evaporating though.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Stant #ST10640 for the 64....
Stant #ST10646 for the 65.... although it says the 10640 will fit the 65 also....

About .60cents difference in the price online...

Where you ask? HERE for the '64

HERE for the '65

·
Premium Member
34,854 Posts
Year I'm looking for one for a 65. Mine fits really loose in there, maybe I lost a gasket somewhere. Not going to pay $20 to stop $2 of gas from evaporating though.

That's golfer mentality for you. heheheheeee LOL

$20 bucks this week versus $2 dollars per week evaporating for 52 weeks a year for a loss of upwards of $105 dollars per anum....

·
Super Moderator
21,514 Posts
Does anybody have a part # for a replacement gas cap. Preferably one from a local store napa, autozone, ect. Oreillys gave me one but it will not turn on. Its like it needs more distance between the "ears" and gasket.
Maybe that one is defective? Do you have an old one to compare? Or someone could measure the depth or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts