Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gas tank vent tube was missing from my 64 when I bought it like several other things. Previous owner had started working on the car and stripped it down. I got most everything, and have managed to get most of what was missing. I know the vent tube attaches to the nipple on the tank and runs up and along the tail panel toward the passenger side and exits through a small hole in the bottom of the tail panel. I have read it makes a loop somehow before exiting the tail panel. What I don't know is how it's actually looped and how long it is.

Does anyone have a picture of the tube they could post? Why is it necessary for it to make a loop?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Here's a diagram from my 1965 shop manual; yours should be the same. It looks like it comes out of the top of the tank, across the rear tail panel to the inside top of the passenger fender, then back down & out (somewhere).

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up making one just like the one in the picture from manual you posted. I made it out of 5/16" aluminum fuel tubing so it was easy to bend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts