Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, my father and i are trying to wire up the car with an "it's a snap" i believe 12 circuit wiring harness kit. we're running into a problem with the wiper system. it's the stock wiper motor and switch that does two speeds "off,low,high" we're going through troubleshooting and i have been trying to find a schematic but no luck on the internet. i was wondering if anyone has an idea on what wire does what for the stock harness and switch that leads to the motor. any help at all would be greatly appreciated. :D

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
The Fairlane Club of America has complete wiring diagrams on their web page, but I think you will have to join the club and pay the small annual fee to access them. I did and it is well worth it. There is more information on the early Fairlanes there then what is combined in the rest of the world!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The schematic you need to use is the no. 1. Switch wires change colors passing thru the firewall. (switch pic is lower left) gets power from the orange/white originally. I cant guide you any further as I dont have a clue as to the harness you are using... Have you called Tech/customer help?

MRO.....

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Supply power to the ORG/Wh pin of the wiper switch from your it's a snap wiper power wire.

If you still have your factory fairlane harness use the plugs from the wiper switch and motor or reuse those wires completely if they are in decent shape.
If you just use the plugs, splice in the same gauge wiring and wire from the switch to the motor. I think the plugs will make it pretty self explanatory.

Solder and heatshrink for your splices, if in doubt how to solder for a strong reliable joint. Google it or go to YouTube.

Jet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.