Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum ! Does anyone know if you can purchase new inside door panels/ rear panels for a 64 Galaxie 500 xl ? I've seen new panels for non XL cars,but nothing else. Does anyone make those kind of panels on special order ?
Thanks for the reply !

·
Registered
64 Posts
Check Distinctive Industries web site, if they dont have it listed e mail them for your parts. If they have it, get part#s and Dearborne can special order em if they aren't listed in their catalog. Also SMS(upholstery) in Portland makes door panels for my 64 4 door (pricey) so maybe for your 500XL.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Does anybody know where I can get the stainless doortrim panels for the 64 XL?

I need the big, wide pieces that almost run the length of the front door. Need the rears, too.

Mine are not dented, but have discolored over the years, yet the doorpanels themselves are fine, considering.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Does anybody know where I can get the stainless doortrim panels for the 64 XL?

I need the big, wide pieces that almost run the length of the front door. Need the rears, too.

Mine are not dented, but have discolored over the years, yet the doorpanels themselves are fine, considering.
sms sell the XL door panels but they will need your existing metal trim
to install on panels ($$800)

Jerry you will have to remove trim from you panels and polish up
the big anodized insert will have to be stripped and repolished...

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
sms sell the XL door panels but they will need your existing metal trim
to install on panels ($$800)

Jerry you will have to remove trim from you panels and polish up
the big anodized insert will have to be stripped and repolished...

Any wild a** guess on the price to strip and repolish the four pieces?

If the price isn't crazy, could be an interesting winter project.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any wild a** guess on the price to strip and repolish the four pieces?

If the price isn't crazy, could be an interesting winter project.
To polish the stainless steel isn't too big a job, I just bought the polishing kit from Eastwood that goes on your drill and it worked great for me. I getting set up to do all the stainless and aluminum on my 64 Gal with an electric motor. It's a lot easier to do the long trim with a wheel buffer, and I have friends I've been polishing for also.I like my stuff looking like a mirror,it's a little more involved with aluminum, but it's worth the time.

We were talking about this topic last week,what to use to get the anodizing and clear coat off of the aluminum.
If you need help or info let me know,glad to be of service......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts