Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Weaver, vice president of Corvete America (Eckler) email me back on the padded dash project, so they can sale the dash pads. He said we are working on the pads now. The Ford Nationals were held at Carlisle last weekend and we went down to look at cars and to try and find some more used pads. We were successful and was able to buy three of the small dash pads, two for 65 and one for 66.We allso able to get a complete metal dash assembly with mounting bracket for the small pad to use for the project. It was also interesting to see the large dash pads in the cars.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Carlisle was pretty good. I didn't know you wuz there. I could have walked right past you and not known it.

The instrument cowl portion is the same for 1965-66.

Both years the full padded dash (right side) was optional.
The instrument cowl portion was shorter if you chose the option.
It was shorter at the front so the full pad would fit underneath.

The difference 1965-66 is the speaker grille. This obviously does not affect the instrument cowl, only the right side.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes there is a different in the small pads. one for padded dash and non padde. I was not at the show I,m working with John on get the molds made so they can get the pads on the market. Put the plastic caps off the market.LOL

·
Registered
336 Posts
I was a Carlisle as well. Had my 66 Galaxie in the show field..it was the Ivy green fastback parked amoungst the 7-Liter cars. I was able to score some "FORD" hood letters for only $20, and they were in nice shape.

·
Registered
69 Posts
yes there is a different in the small pads. one for padded dash and non padde. I was not at the show I,m working with John on get the molds made so they can get the pads on the market. Put the plastic caps off the market.LOL
Any update on the repro dash covers from Eckler?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts