Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey again all.......I know I could have mentioned this in my "howdy" thread, but I know a lot of guys ignore the intro threads for lack of substance. Regardless, in my recent snooping, I came across a video of Jay Leno's garage that I'm sure a lot of you have seen. The video was about Leno's '66 7 Litre Galaxie and the work they've done on it.

The car is nice, and the engine is one spendy monkey ($36k) from Roush, but it was the discussion about the suspension upgrades that caught my attention. Jay Leno had John Hotchkis on the video, and their shop had created a full set of suspension upgrades for his 7 Litre, including but not limited to: Upper and lower front control arms, rear control arms including panhard bar, and front and rear swaybars.

Now, I know a lot of you have already seen this video, and it's old news, but I decided to give Hotchkis a call today to see where they stood with the production of these parts for the general public (as they're not available yet). Well, the gentleman I spoke to said that the setup built for Leno was a one-off setup, done without a jig, so they have no current plans to produce these parts.......BUT.......they ARE keeping a list of those that are interested in these parts. I asked where the list stood, and he said that when the list gets to 100 names, they'll be going to John Hotchkis to possibly put something together for the '65-66 Galaxies (and '65-66 Mercurys by association). I immediately asked to be put on the list, and I am currently #79 on the list.

Now, I am not saying anyone here has to do anything, nor am I suggesting you should purchase anything from Hotchkis for their own sake.......but.......I am saying that if you're the owner of a '65-66 Galaxie (or Merc like me), that this may have the potential of providing you suspension components that have never been available before. The gentleman said that all you'd have to do to be added to the list is to send them an email at (sales at Hotchkis dot net), or you could call them, and ask for the R&D department. I would not advise calling as you'll most likely be on hold for at least a half hour (as I was).

Anyway, I figured this was the place to mention this as I'm sure there are a number of '65-66 Galaxie (and possibly Mercury) owners that would be interested.

Hope this helps.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Thanks for relaying the info. Many here with the 65-66 and other years even would probably love the updated parts. Do they look him up on the web or how do they contact them to get on that list. Getting the 1st 100 would be the most difficult part because they are not advertising but I bet once they have that and if they follow through there will be a lot more that would buy.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for relaying the info. Many here with the 65-66 and other years even would probably love the updated parts. Do they look him up on the web or how do they contact them to get on that list. Getting the 1st 100 would be the most difficult part because they are not advertising but I bet once they have that and if they follow through there will be a lot more that would buy.
I did include the email address below, but not in standard format (4th paragraph, in parentheses). I didn't know if the powers that be here would get persnickety if I put business contact information in a post. You'd be amazed how some sites really get bent out of shape about that sort of thing.

To find their website, you can always google "Hotchkis Suspension", and they'll pop right up. They're not advertising as they had no original plan to sell these parts, but if enough interest comes to them (the list), then they'll start to move forward.

So, again, I'm sorry to have been somewhat vague about their contact information, but I'm still new and didn't know what I am, or am not allowed to outright post in a thread here. If one of the keepers of the site pops in and clarifies that for me, or if anyone else knows, that'd help. I just don't want to step on anyone's toes in my first couple of posts......that'd not look good.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here is the Hotchkis Suspension contact page...;)

Contact Information for Hotchkis Sport Suspension

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, you can just do that.....lol
(I probably could have made things SO much easier)

Regardless, for those of us with '65-66 Galaxies and full sized Mercurys, I'd think the potential of performance suspension upgrades is too good to ignore. Then again, to be fair, I'm sure there are plenty of folks that like the soothing feeling of the ocean as our land yachts with stock, worn-out, suspension take a corner. Ok.....that was a little facetious.

Anyway, I'm hoping the list gets to where it needs to be so they can put something together. It'd be nice to have those sorts of resources for our cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts