Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a power steering setup off one of my mustangs. when i was driving it one day, the whole setup started making a weird loud noise as if i was running the system totally dry, but it was full. anyway, what im wondering is if it is hard to rebuild the entire setup? what is involved, can i get most of the parts and what would the parts cost ballpark? ive seen them advertise rebuilt ones where you have to trade yours in, but it would be nice if there were something cheaper.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
You can rebuil the power steering ram, I have seen kits, the hoses are fairly cheap, and the pumps arent that bad either, but if you need a center link you might as well slap on a TCP rack and pinion unit, with what it would cost to replace that and all other items together. If the shaft in the power ram still has a good chrome finish on it, it would be worth putting a rebuild kit in it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The rebuilt kit for the control valve is cheap and a no brainer,along with it you get a ball stud rebuild kit for about 65.00 .,,plus rebuilt kit for power steering cylinder 15.00 + new rubber boot 11.00 and I went with the flaming rivor steering gear box 479.00 which has no play and works better than new just my 02 cents

1 - 3 of 3 Posts