Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Have just joined and need some advice.

I am looking at using Opentracker suspension, roller spring perch, upper and lower arms, are these any good?

I have looked at TCP, but the price is over the top and I will have to get an engineering to approve the TCP gear in Aus.

Car currently has a 170 six in it, this will be changed to a 302/347(this again will be have to approved by an engineer.

What headers does everybody use over there( I was thinking a set of Hedman)

If anyone needs help with any Aussie cars let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome - nice looking car.

Not sure about the Aussie falcons and how they may differ mechanically, but i would guess that the V8 swap could be a bolt in with stock 64/65 falcon motor/trans mounts? May make it easier to get an engineering approval if you were to use all Ford stock parts.

At first I thought your license plate said OLD at the top....I believe it actually says QLD for Queensland but OLD would be neater...

Pierre

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will use stock US falcon motor mounts as the engine bay is the same.
And i think I will use opentracker parts in the front end, only because they look like stock parts and the engineering will not notice.
Another photo(love the look or the rear end)

This is my daily drive.
Ford Falcon BF XR8 Ute 5.4L 32valve DOHC

·
Registered
248 Posts
that's cool, almost looks like a 63 galaxie in the rear

·
Registered
289 Posts
Damn! 5.4l on that Falcon ute. Wish the US Market has some balls and offer the Falcon family back here in the US mainland. Enjoying the '65 Falcon you have there- styling cues are nice mixture of 60's Ford vehicles. I'm pretty sure most of the US Falcon mechanical parts will work. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hi all,

Have just joined and need some advice.

I am looking at using Opentracker suspension, roller spring perch, upper and lower arms, are these any good?

I have looked at TCP, but the price is over the top and I will have to get an engineering to approve the TCP gear in Aus.

Car currently has a 170 six in it, this will be changed to a 302/347(this again will be have to approved by an engineer.

What headers does everybody use over there( I was thinking a set of Hedman)

If anyone needs help with any Aussie cars let me know.

Thanks

The Opentracker parts are very well made. You will be pleased with the result. I would also do the Shelby/Arning drop while the front end is apart. You can buy the template for the holes from Opentracker. Set the alignment at -.5 degrees Camber and around 2 degrees caster if manual steering and if power steering you can go closer to 3 or 3.5 degrees. Set the Toe at 1/16 to 1/8" toe in.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What exactly do the "engineers" have to do with classic autos and their modification in AUS. ? Falcon looks great.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
pretty cool falcon...:tup:
rear almost look like the 63 galaxie...
and the front like the pickup truck.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
To answer our questions.

The new GS FG ute's come with a coyote superchraged engine 315kw, then if you change the supercharger drive pully and tune the computer you get 400kw easy, lots of guys here are doing this.

Yeah shouldn't let the cat on the car, but it is now stripped ready for a full resto, this includes 347, C4, street and track coil over suspension in the front and a 4-link coil over rear.

And in AUS if you change anything like upgrading suspension, brake, bigger engine you need an automotive engineer to approve it and sign off on it.
It sucks!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts