Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i already hate myself for even thinking about this. ill probably even hurt myself if and/or when i truly decide to do this. im now, just woundering what a 1965 comet cyclone could possibly get if i decided to sell it (curse myself)? it is pretty much a stripped car with all the glass, most of the trim, no motor (though i could get the original 289/225 block), no trans (was auto), and no interior asside from some pannels. car has its cancer spots mainly in the quarters and around tail light openings. car is not original in exterior or interior color. was an aquamarine ext. with white int. is now yellow ext. and black int (whats left of it anyway). it has been a Miami FL car virtualy its whole life. i am the second "registered" owner and i also have some original documentation for the car if that makes any difference. like i said im not selling it for sure. just woundering if i decided to, what i should expect. thanks for any help you all could give.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
id have to look at the quarters again. the trunk for the most part is fair, the pockets where the floor sinks in to the inner quarters need work. the deck lid is good with maybe a small bubble here or there and a small dent where the lid was closed when the trunk was overstuffed. and the weatherstrip lip from what i remember is ok. ill give the car a once over this weekend and get back to you in greater detail. ill be honest, i have no clue what its like under the yellow imron paint.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Miami is too far for me to buy it but I wanted you to have a good idea where to look. On the deck lid it's unde4rneath that matters... The inner lip all around it (say you laid in the trunk and looked up)

The rear frame rails where it goes from double channel to single channel... and you already described the rest good enough.

FE

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
One about as you described, about one mile from my house. Can be bought for $600.00. Hope this helps

BTW: the car has no engine or trans.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts