Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep attempting to get my alignment close so I can drive my convertible to local shows but the alignment shaft on the passenger side won't stay in place. I know I eventually need to rebuild the front end considering getting the Hotchkiss upper and lower control arms but it's summer in Texas so trying to put that off. Any suggestions maybe replacing the nuts and bolts I've tightened them as much as I dare don't want to break the bolts.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I keep attempting to get my alignment close so I can drive my convertible to local shows but the alignment shaft on the passenger side won't stay in place. I know I eventually need to rebuild the front end considering getting the Hotchkiss upper and lower control arms but it's summer in Texas so trying to put that off. Any suggestions maybe replacing the nuts and bolts I've tightened them as much as I dare don't want to break the bolts.
Hello mrwo1,

The alignment shafts on the upper control arms are serrated on the bottom as is the frame directly underneath them to help hold them into place. You may wish to unbolt it and see if something is between them like rust or other debris and clean them.

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts