Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys

Ive found a new home
By the looks of it im with others now who also have to pay 1000 for a windsheild.

My car is DONE and now I find a fairlane forum, geez

What kind of motors do you guys run in your fairlanes? Is there anybody here trying to make there cars fast?

Rick

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum. Do you have any pictures of the car so we can see. If your not sure on how to post them, send them to me and I will help you. I'm kinda the picture geek around here.lol.

I own a 68 Fairlane 500 Fastback with a 289. Picture and specs are under the picture link in my posts. Im currently building a 302 for it. Im undecided on a cam but Im leaning towards roller, I have the roller lifters, spider bar, etc. Just need a nice roller cam (for cheap), anyone have one.

Talk again soon, and welcome.

Rick

Hey, another Rick, cool.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Welcome Blown Fairlane. Stick around the companies good. Yes we like these cars. there Fords!!!!!!!!!I have a 68 torinoGT 390/c6. Yes someday it will go faster.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

Yes I have pics, check out my web page and tell me what you think.

IM sure you've heard this a million times before but this car was tough to restore. 65's are virtually extinct. But I made it through it, never again

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Hello,

I'm trying to rebuild a 64 Fairlane 500 into a Tbolt clone with a 514 BBF and C4. Long ways to go here. Just started the Crites kit for installing the BBF. Also sent the headers to Jet-Hot for ceramic coating last Friday.

Here is a link to some pics of the car as I first received it.

http://community.webshots.com/album/29300726CfkYAGElvE

I need to add some more pics here soon. I have them on my puter but haven't uploaded them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey strokin why are you going the c4 route instead of the c6?

Your car pictures brought back memories of my car before I started

I have a couple questions for ya.

1. hows the windsheild
2. Can you get a hold of a sandblaster

3. Are you made of money

HEHE

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I found a parts car that has an excellent windshield in it, but I am going to save the other one in the pics. I think the scratch can be removed and the one chip fixed.

Made of money? No, but VISA thinks so. LMAO

Going the C4 route. I just sold an R servo C6 with transbrake the other day. I have a full roller C4 I put together 5-7 years ago and have hauled it over the country side. Still have the MW billet yoke for it. But can't find the harden input shaft.

I just added a few pics tonight. I have been working on the shock towers trying to install the Crites kit. I shipped the headers off to Jet-Hot to be coated last Friday.

Heading to Columbus to the swap meet this weekend and stop back by Crites to get the fiberglass parts (hood, fenders, deck lid, bumpers and a few other items).

Oh yeah, I have a small sand blaster and 500 lbs of sand blasting material standing by. LOL. I have been sand blasting some of the suspension parts now.

Debating on putting in a 6pt or 8pt roll bar. I have the subframe connectors to install.

BTW, not many tools I don't have these days. I have collected them over the years.

VISA LOVES ME!!!!.....lol....

Sure glad I'm not married. If I was, the wife would want her share of my mad money....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Just Strokin on 4/3/02 10:05am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,943 Posts

Old Tbird I built some years back. Sold it a couple years ago.

Not sure if the pic comes thru or not....if not...you can find it on the link in a previous post...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Just Strokin on 4/3/02 10:39am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Just Strokin on 4/3/02 10:40am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Just Strokin on 4/3/02 7:30pm ]</font>

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I checked out your pictures on the site and it looks like your almost there on the shock towers. The hardest part I found was matching up the lower A frame brackets and making the indents needed for the headers. Those headers look hilarious, hey speaking of headers…

I need a favor from someone......

I noticed that there’s a member here who has a 64 fairlane with a 460. Does anybody know his name because I would like to get a hold of him and request to see some pictures with the engine IN THE CAR!!!

The curiosity is killing me. I want to see for myself how much room there is for pulling spark plugs, taking valve covers off ect. Any help with pictures of a 64 ,or 5 fairlane with the 460 installed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Making the indents for the headers is easy....
if you have a grinder, cuttin torch and a BF hammer.....

Talking about changing plugs, have you seen the pics of the MPG swap? The 429/460 in a Mustang? Look at this link.....

http://www.mpgheads.com/mtrmnthdr.htm

Want to change the plugs on this car?

·
Registered
750 Posts
63 Fairlane 500,302 with reworked 65 289 heads( 2.02 valves etc),mild cam,KB pistons,performer intake,750 double pump Holley,narrowed 9 inch,ladder bars,Centerline Warriors wheels,295/50-15 TA radials on back on 10 inch rims,205/60-15 on 7 inch rims on front,blow proof bell,4 speed, line lock,all that stuff. in process of building a 427 stroker to drop in,that should liven things up.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Hey highpockets, next time you send me a picture, let me know who you are. I almost deleted it, the email was from "ME", I dont know a me and almost deleted it.

Thanx for the picture, it will be in next post.

·
Registered
750 Posts
cool,thanks. Crites says their headers will work without the tower work.But I am going to do it anyway s little more room in there could not hurt a thing. I only live 30 min. from Crites so that makes it nice.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
That is a gorgeous burgandy '65 you got there. That's the first one I've seen tubbed and it looks better than I thought a '65 would look being tubbed. Here is my '65 Fairlane 500 wagon. After owning it for nearly 11 years, it still only has 52,000 miles on the clock but has a 10:1 351W in it since 3 years ago. Moves pretty good for being a heavy chunk of iron with only 3.40 gears. I was going to put my 13.5:1 solid roller 392 stroker in it but could no find a set of headers for a 351W in a '65 Fairlane so I gave up on that plan and now I'm building a '68 Falcon wagon in nearly the same condition but with alum CJ heads, solid roller, 14.5:1 compression, and full roller PA Super Comp C-4. I will sell the '65 Fairlane to help finish the '68 Falcon but I will miss the '65. Everything has been rebuilt in the '65 including the complete poly graphite front end bushing kit, upper/lower ball joints, inner/outer tie rods, etc. All drums turned, wheel cylinders replaced, brake pads, new master cylinder, fresh rebuilt '70-up C-4 w/2000 stall, new 351W totally rebuilt, new radiator and heater core, etc. Manual brakes, manual steering, no A/C, original A/M radio, original paint and interior. Everything works including a complete '66 Mustang windshield washer setup(my Fairlane didn't come with washer setup for windshield). I love the car but the '68 is more important now. Very few '65s left and restoration parts are impossible to find.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts