Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First a little background on the car. I bought the car when I lived in Hawaii (cheap). I brought the car back to Arizona with me and began the restoration. The car has been completely stripped and if ready for the media blaster. Now when I bought the car I knew that the passenger side rocker panel was going to need to be re-fabricated and that the drivers side rocker panel was in need of some repair (only structural rust that i have found). The car is going to be put on a rotisserie to be media blasted and I wanted to put some sub-frame connectors on it due to the condition of the rocker panels. I have searched the forums to find as much information as possible.

Questions:

1) Will the fact that the car has been disassembled (not including the suspension yet) have a factor when i go to put on the sub-frame connectors?

2) Does anyone know of anyone that makes sub-frame connectors for a '65 convertible and if not does anyone know if the sub-frame connectors for a '65 Mustang will work?

·
Registered
216 Posts
2) Does anyone know of anyone that makes sub-frame connectors for a '65 convertible and if not does anyone know if the sub-frame connectors for a '65 Mustang will work?
Here is a website that has subframe connectors for your car for $79.00.

http://tiptopwebsite.com/websites/index2.php?username=colson43&page=5

Here are some more;

http://tcp-racing.com/download/pdf/TCP_Vol_6_WEB_86-93.pdf

You have to download the catalog and look in the Falcon section on this site. This will more than likely be your best bet;

Total Control Products

More;

http://ultimateperformancecar.com/CA/TCP_Vol4_WEB_58-72.pdf

More Information: SFC100

Hope this gets you started in the right direction.

·
Registered
65 Falcon Futura Conv, 302 with some goodies
9 Posts
First a little background on the car. I bought the car when I lived in Hawaii (cheap). I brought the car back to Arizona with me and began the restoration. The car has been completely stripped and if ready for the media blaster. Now when I bought the car I knew that the passenger side rocker panel was going to need to be re-fabricated and that the drivers side rocker panel was in need of some repair (only structural rust that i have found). The car is going to be put on a rotisserie to be media blasted and I wanted to put some sub-frame connectors on it due to the condition of the rocker panels. I have searched the forums to find as much information as possible.

Questions:

1) Will the fact that the car has been disassembled (not including the suspension yet) have a factor when i go to put on the sub-frame connectors?

Yes global west mkes a subframe connector Jegs sell them part number 910 c hope this helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a pair of the global's for my 65 convert 4 years ago. AT THE TIME, they specifically said they were not for convertibles. I bought them anyway. I cut a channel in each side of the structural width wise box (I don't know what it is called). The hardtops don't have this box. I placed the subframe connectors inside the channels and welded each side of the connectors to the structural box. Worked fine. I realize I am stating the obvious, but before you cut that box, make sure the body is level.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a pair of the global's for my 65 convert 4 years ago. AT THE TIME, they specifically said they were not for convertibles. I bought them anyway. I cut a channel in each side of the structural width wise box (I don't know what it is called). The hardtops don't have this box. I placed the subframe connectors inside the channels and welded each side of the connectors to the structural box. Worked fine. I realize I am stating the obvious, but before you cut that box, make sure the body is level.
The correct ones for convertibles no cutting required,, best not to interupt the integrity of the conv lower boxs,,, new ones just slip into place n weld !!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The correct ones for convertibles no cutting required,, best not to interupt the integrity of the conv lower boxs,,, new ones just slip into place n weld !!
what was part number for the Global ones u used,,,, i was told the 910c for mustang would fit by another person but Global says the 910C wont fit Falcon Convertibles,,only Mustang ??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.