Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty new to all this resto stuff and recently bought a 1965 Ford Falcon. The engine is a 170ci which just won't do. I've heard I can use the 302 from a 65 mustang, but I'm not too sure. I'm trying to find the max engine size that can fit without cross bracing. Any ideas on how I can go about doingthis or any advice for starting out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay perfect!

Since I'm not that familiar with tuning engines, if I were to go crate engine, what is a reputable place Icould contact?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Next comes all the posts about beefing up the front suspension to handle the weight.....

·
Registered
340 Posts
Weight schmeight. The 302 only weights #60 MORE than the 200 inline 6!

No need for any suspension upgrades but the ball joints.
Move the battery to the trunk and use an aluminum intake and the weight is about the same.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I liked mine better after replacing the 6 with an 8, it pushed the front down just right. It allways sat high with the inline 6 , I kept the front springs and just went to v/8 spindles and steering. Rear was changed to a 66 mustang 8" . Been that way for about 25 years at least.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the help! I'll try that Japser engines and see what I can come up with. Later on, I'll post some questions about tranny ideas > transmission > differential > suspension, but right now, I'm just going with engine and worrying about the rest as it comes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts