Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a NEW 1965 Falcon radiator from Advanced Auto Parts. 130.00 (with my discount)... Differences:

Old Rad
1.5 inches longer.
Side flanges wider
2 tube row

New Rad
1.5 inches shorter
Side flanges shorter
3 tube row

Basicy, it's the same radiator except for the tube rows.... Okay, so fabricate extender flanges... That is what I did... Measuring height-width-thickness- while getting the distance from the fan correct. yes, did it. Now, it's on to the shock towers.

62 Fairlane's web site: The 1962 Antique Ford Fairlane- Home Page

If ya wanna check out the progress, select LogBook. Here's a few pictures thats up on the web site in the LogBook pages. Saved a bunch of money, plus the Falcon radiators are available...

Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Fuel line
Vehicle Auto part Car Engine

·
Registered
285 Posts
I used one meant for a 67 mustang with the 289 and no air. It was 20" wide but slightly shorter 3 core. I had to notch the side plates a bit at the bottom to clear the braces for the front suspension strut bars and redrill the holes for the screw clips. I was able to get a shroud for this rad also. I used a clutch fan for a Mustang/Cougar as they are a bit smaller diameter as the one that I had on the car.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used one meant for a 67 mustang with the 289 and no air. It was 20" wide but slightly shorter 3 core. I had to notch the side plates a bit at the bottom to clear the braces for the front suspension strut bars and redrill the holes for the screw clips. I was able to get a shroud for this rad also. I used a clutch fan for a Mustang/Cougar as they are a bit smaller diameter as the one that I had on the car.

I was looking at one for a mustang. It was, as I remember too long. I diden't think it would have enough of clearance on the bottom. The good thing I was able to do was to order the rad, and have a look before I actually purchased the rad. The mustang rad was purchased by someone else and I had a chance to take a peak. I continued looking in the computer and the falcon looked to be the best match. Works great.. I was able to position the fan exactualy as it was on the original rad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts