Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here the the lastest pics for my 65 Falcon Sprint.

All the rear suspesion work is just getting finished and the dash fab work is done.

The rear suspension has been beefed up to handle a good deal of abuse.

We are setting this car up saftey wise to run in the 8s.

I'm adding the TCP rack and pinion steering to make it easier to make headers for the car.

It will use front and mid motor plates and front end limiters.

Here is a picture of the rear suspension with the new track locater and coil over frame section being welded in.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Tom you Harley guys are obviously making too much money!!!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paxtonman, I have been slowly working on this car since 1998.

I have always wanted a car set up like this one is but never could do it.

Now that I can do this type of car I figure I might as well?

It's still going to be a while before she is out on the streets.

I want to get all the chassis tuning and chassis dyno pulls in before it goes in for new paint.

I have talked with Greg Cook a little about painting the car and he says if we can get a timeline set up enough in advance he could paint the car.

Right now it's to far off in the future to say when she will be ready to paint though.

This car is a tribute to my Dad who died in 1989,it is what drives me to make this car specail to me.I will not back off on making it just the way I want.

65 Falcon Sprint Super-Stock Replica
66 Galaxie 500-XL 428 4-speed
91 Mustang GT 5-liter 5-speed
95 F-350 XLT Super-Cab DRW 460

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 4/18/02 8:21am ]</font>

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tom...It'll be interesting to see how you like the 90# springs...I'm using a Chris Alston coil over shock ladder bar rear setup similar to yours with 130# pound spring that provides an acceptable street ride. Car handles like a cow on skates on the street but it sure is fun to light em up!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Tom
It's also nice to see some A.M. stuff under there.
Are you using a lot of Morrison stuff?
It is looking sweet and I applaude you for not rushing it and making it a ride that you will enjoy driving.
As for mine, I am just 3 weeks away from putting spank on the bench to tweak a little more power. Have also tore the frame down to re-invent it.
Fred

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On 2002-04-17 22:45, futura 64 wrote:
Tom...It'll be interesting to see how you like the 90# springs...I'm using a Chris Alston coil over shock ladder bar rear setup similar to yours with 130# pound spring that provides an acceptable street ride. Car handles like a cow on skates on the street but it sure is fun to light em up!
I'm just starting with the 90 lb. springs. After it's all together I want to swing by my friends Sprint car race shop and use his Rebco wheel scales to see how heavy the car is on the back wheels.

The springs are cheap so it's easy to have a couple different rates laying around to play with.

Futura 64 how heavy is your 64?

130 # spring may be a bit heavy for your combo?

Depends on the total weight of the car on the rear axle.

Blown 54, I like Art Morrison products. I mostley use his stuff but for the 56 Chevys ladder bar set up Competition Engineering parts were used. They all looked almost indentical in design.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Tom
I also wanted to mention your gauge cluster look great. Nice and readable at those quick 10's.
If you need any "widgets" from Morrison, let me know as I believe I can stock just about any speed shop from what I have in the garage.
Fred

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On 2002-04-18 12:04, Blown54 wrote:
Tom
I also wanted to mention your gauge cluster look great. Nice and readable at those quick 10's.

Fred
Thanks Fred.

I was going to use the factory plastic dash trim pieces but,they all had broken mounting studs and would have needed a ton of work to look good again.

I went with this aluminum set up to bring all the inportant gauges I needed to see right in front of me.

There are 2 more gauges that will be added yet,a nitrous presure and a fuel pressure will go on the outside cowl area with chrome cups.

This set up I have now worked out real nice.It made the gauges real readable without making the car look to radical inside.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Tom I can relate. I started on mine a few months after my dad died at 58 and a younger brother at 23. They died within 6 months of each other. Life is too short so enjoy it the way you want. The brother that has helped me put mine together feels the same as me, that the old man would think my car is the neatest SOB going. Good Luck I hope it goes well.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Tom
I am surprised your not using a swing bar on your cage. They make it so much easy getting in and out and they are legal.
As you mentioned about the harness, there have been a lot of changes relating to expiring parts. My flexplate, which I bought new last year will be expired by the time I hit the track next year. O'well, at least I it for the dyno (522 hours to go).

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Blown 54, Yes I was going to run side swing out bar but, we decided to go with a x-door brace set up for added chassis rigidness.

It's not as bas as it looks to get into the car,of course not as easy as a swing out would have been but I don't mind it.

She is coming along nicely,I have all the new interior parts waiting to be installed.

I have all new door panels,carpet and I even added extra insulation to the floors.

I want to be able to street drive this car and run 9s with no problems,it can be done!

I have been "spolied" by Gregs Galactica Galaxie and how well it cruises with no problems.

If I make the right choices and figure it all out just right I can have a 9 second streetable 65 Falcon.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is the finished interior. I have to add the carpet yet and do some final paint work.

I also have to add all the roll cage pads and put the seat covers on.

Today was the first day I sat in the car with the completed interior in it.

It felt kind of weird,I was thinking how "wicked" the cars cockpit felt and that I had built a "monster"!

I'm going through some more ideas for the next stages of the car no that the interior fab work is done.

I'm going to use a removable "chute" set up that can be removed from the car in about 2 minutes time.

It will tie in with the rear cage and the main bar will run right through the factory gas cap hole!

I also have a cool billet battery hold down in the works after the chute mount bars are run.

I also want to start the new front caliper brake set up.

I'm using 4 piston "Cobra Mustang" calipers set up to run with Granada spindles.

I have some drawings on some brackets that I found on the net that show how to mount them,I think I can make a better mount for them.

So,next step is to finish the interior detail work and start planning next stage of chassis fab work.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts