Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 65 wagon and would like to raise the back a little
Bought it about a year ago. It looks like it has newish leaf springs,
Already had air shocks from the previous owner, we added extended shackles but still want it a little higher to clear the tires I want to run.
Anyone make lift springs for a wagon or are we looking at having some custom made ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Already tried that
The spring shops near me only work on heavy trucks
We will order some custom ones from Eaton or maybe just do a spring over axle conversion.
A spring over Swap would get about the right amount of lift

·
Registered
181 Posts
Already tried that
The spring shops near me only work on heavy trucks
We will order some custom ones from Eaton or maybe just do a spring over axle conversion.
A spring over Swap would get about the right amount of lift View attachment 165691
If those are original springs, they are probably sagging a lot. You will most likely get the couple of inches of ride height by simply getting a new set of OEM springs from Eaton or any other shop that makes them. If you tell Eaton you want a couple of inches over the stock ride, the springs will be too high.

(My experience. I bought a set of springs from Eaton for my 65 Mery Cyclone. I was new to the car world so I thought the height the car rode was the same as it did when new in 65. So, when I installed the new springs, I wasn't happy the back of the car was 2 inches higher. They told me it would settle but 2 years later they hadn't settled. I didn't like the ride height so I had a shop drop them 2 inches and move the axle location back an inch)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts