Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning guys: I recently came by a 1965 galaxie 500. It is going to be a long term project to say the least. I found the warranty card in the glove box with the key codes, even ledgable, the problem is no keys. My question is, is there a source to turn these codes into keys? And if not is there a way to open the trunk without destroying the original lock? The ignition I can get around but the trunk, the glove box, andt the door locks are the problem. Please help.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I spoke to my local dealer they looked at me like I had two heads. So I thought to try here. I will check a lock smith.
Thanks

·
Registered
855 Posts
Well... to be fair... it's been a looooong time since I had keys cut from the code, at a dealership.

They used to have a key punch machine where they put the key blank in and dialed in the code and punched out the key.

Those have probably gone the way of the Dinosaur, what with keyless fobs and all these days.

You will likely have to find an "old school" locksmith that still has all his old tooling and what-not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts