Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member to the Forum, hello :)!
I recently purchased a 1965 Ford Galaxie 500XL 2dr hardtop in black on white interior. It's a beautiful car (my dad had one when i was growing up as a kid...yeah...that story!) It's not a show car by any means, but it looks and runs awesome!

However it came with the front fender "Galaxie 500 XL" enblems missing and I can't seem to find a set anywhere!?!?

IF anyone happens to know where I can get them, Please Please Please let me know, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and it drives me nuts when i look at the car and its' missing them!

Thanks, Buttah
PS I will get some pics posted soon....

·
Administrator
21,832 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride. That's how most of us end up with the cars we do, a memory.
You can watch ebay for those emblems or you can get them here. They aren't cheap but they do havew 10% off right now and if you wait the sales always change to something different. If you had a GM you could get 20%. How rude right?! lol

Search results for: '60-80405 Fender Emblem'

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
I had a '65 Galaxie convertible back in the day. It was a big design change from the 1960 - 1964 cars. New was the vertical headlights and slab sides and rectangluar tail lights, and the suspension was revised. Engines were largely the same. Even though the '66 was a more rounded version of the '65, and the '67 was a bloated version of the '66, it looked to me like the '65 was almost a one year only car. The emblems most certainly were one year only. My point is that they are very rare and hard to find. Parts in general for them are hard to find, as not many parts are being reproduced, but at least you have the internet to help you. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride. That's how most of us end up with the cars we do, a memory.
You can watch ebay for those emblems or you can get them here. They aren't cheap but they do havew 10% off right now and if you wait the sales always change to something different. If you had a GM you could get 20%. How rude right?! lol

Search results for: '60-80405 Fender Emblem'
hey Shortrod, thanks very much for the lead, I will definitely check that out...given it seems like these emblems are the holy grail, I’m expecting to pay dearly!? Thanks again!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Typically you can pretty much find anything you're looking for, it just comes down to the level of patience & persistence you have ... and how fat your wallet is.

I just recommended this in another thread, but if you plan on holding onto the car for a while and/or you're going to be working on it yourself, I highly recommend getting a copy of the 1965-72 Ford MPC (Master Parts Catalog). You can find them on eBay for about $25.

The MPC allows you to identify every part number on your car. You'll also get the assembly diagrams which helps you see how it's put together. There's also a bunch of other info in the MPC which is quite handy (tags, trim types, etc).

Having the correct part number can be very helpful. For instance, sometimes there are two versions of the same part with each one fitting on separate models (i.e. LTD vs Custom) and mistakes can be made. You'll also see parts that were used on multiple years (1965-67, etc) and which ones aren't correct for your car.

Also, you can look up the part number on NOS dealer websites like Rearcounter.com to see if someone stocks it. Same for eBay searches. That plus the MPC provides the actual terminology use ("Windlace Moulding") which again can help on searches.

Speaking from experience. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Typically you can pretty much find anything you're looking for, it just comes down to the level of patience & persistence you have ... and how fat your wallet is.

I just recommended this in another thread, but if you plan on holding onto the car for a while and/or you're going to be working on it yourself, I highly recommend getting a copy of the 1965-72 Ford MPC (Master Parts Catalog). You can find them on eBay for about $25.

The MPC allows you to identify every part number on your car. You'll also get the assembly diagrams which helps you see how it's put together. There's also a bunch of other info in the MPC which is quite handy (tags, trim types, etc).

Having the correct part number can be very helpful. For instance, sometimes there are two versions of the same part with each one fitting on separate models (i.e. LTD vs Custom) and mistakes can be made. You'll also see parts that were used on multiple years (1965-67, etc) and which ones aren't correct for your car.

Also, you can look up the part number on NOS dealer websites like Rearcounter.com to see if someone stocks it. Same for eBay searches. That plus the MPC provides the actual terminology use ("Windlace Moulding") which again can help on searches.

Speaking from experience. Hope this helps.
I really appreciate the feedback, I will definitely check that out! Cheers!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have two 1965 Galaxie 500 front fender emblems.

Note these are NOT for the 500XL.
They came off a 65 4 door at my local wrecking yard.

The emblem in the foreground has 2 of the pins broken off.

The pin at the "G" and the pin at the "5" are missing/broken.

Probably not what you want, but thought I'd post for interest.

I'm willing to sell these, $50.00 for the pair plus actual shipping cost,
but please note I'm in Canada and the shipping/postal might be substantial.

PS I have no idea what NOS or good to excellent used emblems like these sell for.
If anyone thinks $50.00 is out of line and can show me any like these selling for less, I'll adjust the price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey I am interested! I am in Canada as well (Sarnia, Ontario)....let me know how we can proceed....$50 for the pair + $? Shipping. Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts

PS I have no idea what NOS or good to excellent used emblems like these sell for.
If anyone thinks $50.00 is out of line and can show me any like these selling for less, I'll adjust the price.

View attachment 165452

View attachment 165453
Are these still available?

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 165452

View attachment 165453
Do you still have those ? If so please reply and I'll buy them ! Thank you !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts