Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, well im gonna start by saying i recently bought a 65 galaxie knowing that the frame was cracked and had some rot, only to realize it was alot worse than i first anticipated, i found a couple frames in my area. my question is this.....
will a 2door galaxie fit on a 4door frame?? and if not, are the frames the same from 65-69

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hi there and welcome. Your frame interchange is 65 - 68 with only some minor variations over the years. 2 door and 4 door are the same. Convertables are different. Good luck with your project,

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
best single write-up on these frames Ive seen:

LOVEfords - 1965 Ford Frame Replacement

if you think yours is bad, click on the 'saving a 65' link below... it was beyond ugly.
if youre looking for a frame, keep a eye on Ebay- there was a N.O.S. one popping up once in a while, dunno if the guy ever sold it or not, think he wanted 500.
www.DVAP.com has clean Arizona frames, but shipping is high- theres a trucker in here that does a lot of cross country stuff- if you can hook up with someone like him haulin a small load or returning empty, you could save a bundle- keep a eye o this thread:
http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/gar...check-where-i-am-today-where-i-am-headed.html for in case you find one out west.

be really careful of one from our area- roadsalt exposure combined with the often clogged drains on these frames often resulted in a half inch of salty moist mud eating away from the inside out.

I think Macs and others now carry trunk pans for the 65 too. dont know if 65 floors are available or not, I just slapped a patchwork quilt of sheetmetal in ours :)

good luck with it-
Tim

edit: heres one on Ebay right now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965...tZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories but its not the N.O.S. one...

·
Registered
718 Posts
the 66-68 uses a different rear coil spring mount. the 65 spring tapers to a small hole on each end and bolts to the frame and axle housing. the 66-68 has a large hole on each end and sits on the axle seat and the top rest under a plate and the shocks keep the spring from falling out when you jack it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts