Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 65 galaxie a month ago. and I am working on the rear window. Does anyone know where to get the reveal molding clips? does a 66 clip work? I had taken the molding off and there is 2 different clips, one is square and the other is round. I assume the rounded ones are the original and the square is aftermarket that someone had used later on. all I can find for sale is the square ones and they say it is for 66 and newer. there is also some that have to be screwed on. any help would be appreciated, thanks

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I think you can get them at Napa or an independent parts store. Compare the two clips to see if your dimensions are the same..if so, use them. I think the rounded ones were for the windshield and the square for the rear window. The ones with screws were for when the litttle stud broke off and they were for replacement purposes. I see these clip kits on ebay all the time as well.

·
Registered
390 Posts
No, you have the right clips. You should have 8 clips that clip to the window flag, this clips have a 1/8' lip. this so when you set the glass there is 1/8" gap. that so when you put the glass sealer it give you a 1/8" sea under the glass. Kinda hard to explan. The you have the one that take a screw I don't remenber how many. You can find them on ebay Home pro fastners have them. I just went to 65 ford galaxie 500 rear window trim clips and found home pro fastners. There are allso two blocks 2"x3/4"x1/4" this set on the bottm. When youset the glass in you set iton top of this block and lay the glass in. that sets the glass where it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts