Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I KNOW someone else eluded to this question, but I cant find the damn thread!! Someone asked about weight, dimensions, production numbers or something, then someone else sent a link in response with all of the above in it. I cant find it in my favorites though. Can someone please indulge me??? I need to shop for a car cover and would like the additional info anyway. I promise this time I will mark it in my favorites for quick access.

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
wow- the big old gal only goes 3400 pounds???oddly my new mustang weighs about the same. how can a car classified 'subcompact' by epa weigh as much as a 65 galaxie? Think I'd better quit calling it a boat

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Soon enough Im gonna get it weighed at a nearby place to see for myself. I post results when I do.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My 66 tipped the scales at 3625. There's a 331 small block, AOD, and otherwise basic stuff attached.

My old Taurus SHO weighed 3600 pounds and new Mustangs are in the same range. While my Galaxie is physicallly larger, there is a lot of air inside the trunk, under the hood (think of how crambed new engine compartments are!), and lots of leg/side room.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Holy poop! A 1965 Galaxie is lighter then my 04 Cobra!

Makes me wonder just how light ours is right now.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts