Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my son a 65 fairlane for his first car and looking to do some upgrade that will make it nicer. putting a new motor in the next few days. i'm converting to power disk brake before he gets his real lic. he just got his permit. would like some input on the brake swap. planning power steering later for his b-day. i dont want to go to crazy in fear he will wreak it but still want him to have the coolest car?

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Welcome to CSRP

I haven't used this company, I was going to before going with a Mustang II IFS.
But, I have heard nothing but good things about them. Very fair prices if you ask me. Verse finding old parts and rehabbing them.

I don't know if he will need power brakes or not? I have manual breaks on my 64 Fairlane and the 65 Falcon. They both stop great!

I do want power steering on my Falcon with the fatter tires on it, it does get to be a chore in parking lots. And I would like to do some track days or auto crossing it.

My Dad is driving the Fairlane with the manual rack and he is in his mid 60's. He seems pretty happy.

Post some pics and welcome to the Forum.

Jet

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome Vic!
I have a 65 hardtop that is my fairweather daily driver. I used the Granada disc swap that is covered in other posts and resources. I did not use a power booster (though I did go to a dual resevior master cyl) nor did I add power steering.

This is largely due to personal preference- I like manual brakes and I like manual steering though parking lots can be a bit of a challenge.

My 6 cyl car was not equipped with an anti-sway bar and the handling was very sketchy. Engine swap or not, this should be one of the first things on your list. Even if it came with one look into getting a bigger one. I got a beefy sway bar and front end rebuild kit from Performance Suspension Technologies.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Hey Vic, I used CSRP front manual disk brakes on my 66 Fairlane and never had any problems at all....sweet set up. I got the CSRP kit before I knew about the this other place.

There is another place out of TX called Chockostang I believe and Dan is a super Ford guy that only does old style Fords like what you and I have. He can get you a kit put together where you use your stock spindles and he even has a kit for the back brakes I believe. That's the next kit I'm getting for my 66....he can get you any steering/suspension/brake parts you need for your son's car and you'll feel safe knowing there good parts that will last! Just google Chockostang for his site, it's all genuine Ford parts.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
CSRP on the front of my Falcon. Very complete kit and straight forward installation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts