Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling a 1965 Mercury Cyclone with a 289 4v automatic factory tac, 1 owner 83000 miles barnfind, been in barn since 1978 when it was stored in the barn all the moldings, wheels, and chrome were all greased and are in excellent condition.... The wheels, we were told, are rare and worth good money. selling with a good shell from south carolina. asking 6000$

Attachments

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Is that a 69 Torino fastback next to the Merc?

Twin sister of one of my favorite personal cars, 1968 Merc Cyclone GT fastback.

·
Premium Member
34,854 Posts
That's ridiculous. You're insane, but that's cool, half the cars advertised online lately are insane. Ask $6500 for that and you'll have it a loooooong time.
Negotiable is great, but a 289 auto car.... Not a $6500 dollar find, and in that condition, good luck sir. I'll bump your post every now and then to keep it fresh in the forum in the hopes that somebody will take you up on it.

That ridiculous little book called NADA car values puts a Comet Cyclone with ANY 289 and auto trans valued at $7900 bucks low retail... That's for a restored car....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's ridiculous. You're insane, but that's cool, half the cars advertised online lately are insane. Ask $6500 for that and you'll have it a loooooong time.
Negotiable is great, but a 289 auto car.... Not a $6500 dollar find, and in that condition, good luck sir. I'll bump your post every now and then to keep it fresh in the forum in the hopes that somebody will take you up on it.

That ridiculous little book called NADA car values puts a Comet Cyclone with ANY 289 and auto trans valued at $7900 bucks low retail... That's for a restored car....
I understand what your saying but the shell its comes with is complete except for the engine which you get with the other car. and we both know that a restored mercury cyclone regardless of engine size isnt going to be sold for 7900$ that would be the ridiculous and insane part.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Weve had some new projects come into the shop and need some space and extra cash for them so we have dropped the asking price of this cyclone to 3750$

·
Premium Member
34,854 Posts
That cyclone, you still have it? Nobody bit on that gem in the rough? Hmmm, that's like I predicted the future 6 months ago...

That's quite a bit of rust for 88K miles and only 13 years of driving... But you all salt the roads in the winter don't ya? Boy that must suck....

And WE all both know that it's going to take over $40K to restore that cyclone properly in order to make it into a $25K car... Don't forget that part...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That cyclone, you still have it? Nobody bit on that gem in the rough? Hmmm, that's like I predicted the future 6 months ago...

That's quite a bit of rust for 88K miles and only 13 years of driving... But you all salt the roads in the winter don't ya? Boy that must suck....

And WE all both know that it's going to take over $40K to restore that cyclone properly in order to make it into a $25K car... Don't forget that part...

Well the one car is pretty rusty but thats why you get the second rust free car with it and both have clear titles. And who the heck would put 40k into it? Being realistic it would only take half that at the very most, we both know that.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Is this car still available??

I am assuming it is located in Charleston WV?

Any pictures of the second rust free car? Is it also a cyclone?

Thanks
Lou

1 - 13 of 13 Posts