Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 65 Futura Convert(76A).
In the service manual the clips with round holes are referenced on page 17-27 as “B”, “D” and “F”,
but all look the same to me except for the way they are mounted.
Can I use the universal T-Bolt design? Does the length matter?
On another note, I have 8 round holes on the front fenders where the manual says I should have
square ones. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Font Parallel Auto part Drawing Slope
Rectangle Parallel Font Triangle Pattern
Triangle Parallel Font Rectangle Pattern

· Registered
1,128 Posts
Could it be that the fender is from a different car and someone drilled the round holes? Have you given any thought of using modern day trim tape to mount the trim?

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could it be that the fender is from a different car and someone drilled the round holes? Have you given any thought of using modern day trim tape to mount the trim?
Anything is possible. The previous owner (and DMV) thought it was a 64. It has a 64 grill and futura back plate, but the VIN clearly says it's a 65. I did not consider tape, I didn't what a piece falling of on the freeway, since the trim pieces are extremely hard to find. When you can find them, folks want your first born. However I might look into it, thnx

· Premium Member
'68 Futura 289 4sp
78 Posts
where were you able to find the clips? I have to find everything for my side trim including the trim. It's hard enough trying to locate a good complete set of the trim but I heard the clips are near impossible to find.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts