Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's the story. Seven years ago I saw something in my neigbor's garage that caught my eye. In a dark corner, sticking out from under a pile of boxes and 20 years of accumulated crap I saw what looked like a rear quarter of an early mustang fastback with a window where the quarter vent would be. I approached the owner who told me it was a 65 shelby GT 350 which he has owned since 1968 and which has been disassembled since 1970 or so! Naturally I offered to take it off his hands! Of course he had "plans to restore it someday", "not for sale". I couldn't see much of the car for all the crap in on and around it.
Well low and behold, last night he shows up in my garage announcing he wants to sell the car. Now, after questioning him, it turns out he made a shelby clone out of a '65! As I asked him more, he indicated that it was a "hi po". I asked him to get me the vin number (the doors need to be dug out of the attic so I can see the pat. plate). He also told me he has 5 original shelby rims which he never put on the car. I am waiting to see the patent plate and get the ID off the fender before I jump to conclusions, but I'm wondering what a complete (disassembled) K code fastback is worth, and what original shelby wheels in excellent condition go for?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
My friend sold is K-code 4 speed car for 8K US. It was all apart as well, no rust anywhere, but everything was there. Not sure on the rims.

Rick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts