Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,864 Posts
Usually ebay but they are in the $50+ range.

You could try adjusting it. Loosen it up with a 5/16 open end. There is a pinhole in the back for lining it up per the manual. With no manual, put it in reverse and slide the switch around until the backup lights come on, then tighten it down.

If that does not work maybe the spring is weak or terminals should be glued back down.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm not real knowledgeable on this subject but I'm having trouble with the engine cranking when I bought the car I was naive the Guy said it was a kill switch after researching it figured out what it really was I'm getting power on ignition but no crank if I fiddle with the switch it starts right up so not sure if this is a common problem or it just needs to be replaced

·
Registered
31 Posts
Another 65 in Summerville

Hi, I live in Summerville off Dorchester rd. I also have a 65 Galaxie. We should meet sometime.

Mark

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
if I fiddle with the switch it starts right up so not sure if this is a common problem or it just needs to be replaced
By 'fiddle' do you mean 'wiggle' the key switch? If so I would think its the ignition switch and NOT the N/S switch. That usually intails moving the shifter to the "sweet" spot....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MROLDFART no not the key the actual switch itself nothing wrong with the ignition it works fine 1937MARK yeah we could do that I'm right down 17a past orangeburg rd going away from summerville shoot me an email and we can meet up sometime [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts