Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on the resto-mod of my 1965 Ranchero for a while now. I'm at the point where I need to do something about the rear suspension. I don't think the leaf springs and shocks alone will do much for me.

I'm running a built '65 289, Tremec T5 5-speed and a 3.25:1 posi rearend.

I've been looking at TCI's rear suspension kit for 1960-65 Falcon.
TCI Engineering ~ 1-800-984-6259 ~ American Made Street Rods, Hot Rods, Classic Trucks, Ford & Chevy Muscle Cars Suspension and Chassis Parts. 1” upper & lower 4 link bars with stainless adjusters Greasable urethane bushings Triangulated bolt-in cr
Just found out yesterday that their kit doesn't fit the 1965 Ranchero without a LOT of modification.

So what can I do to beef up the rear suspension? Is there a kit for this car? I won't be running the 1/4 mile. This will be an every day driver and toy.

Thanks,
Hacko

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
I had mini tubbed and moved my leaf springs inboard with a Crites kit. Also using a Explorer 8.8 rear axle (Narrowed 3"). All of this prior to buying a TCI triangulated 4 link. My car is a 65 Falcon.

Im not familiar with the differences between the Ranchero and Falcon rear suspension/Floor area.

I had to do some mods to the TCI cradle. Nothing to crazy yet. I will be changing a little more to clear the FMS aluminum differential cover.

·
Registered
644 Posts
You look at control freak site?
They have a Falcon category, don't mention ranchero, but worth a call.
RRS makes Ford suspensions too, pricey, but supposidly good stuff
I;m assuming the differences are the bed, eh

·
Subscriber
263 Posts
One of the Ebay guys sells a complete kit for the Falcon. I have a 63 Ranchero & it fit. I made 2 thick plates that are right angle to mount solidly to the frame. The bar fits a stock axle--not shortened. The bar is bent to go over the axle hump not in front, behind or under the axle. I think the diameter is 1". The bar clamps to the axle with the kit and the ends are similiar to the front bar setup. The brackets I spoke of allows the rubber bushings to mount on the bar and then to the bracket. I used a longer thru-bolt and spacer inbetween them to get the bar to be level with the car. I figure the frame is too weak and that is why i made the thick brackets. I drilled bolts through the frame to mount the bracket. Hope this helps. I don't remember the name of the ebay seller.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I used the Rod and Custom triangulated kit for our 64 wagon (floor pan same as Ranchero) It went in great the only issue we had was the new stabilizer bar would not clear the Ranchero / wagon gas tank. The rest of the kit installed easily. We purchased the bolt in kit for the 8" read end. They also have a kit for the 9".

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts