Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right around 3000 lbs
Thanks for the info. On my registration papers it lists the "unladen weight" at 2500 lbs., but that seems pretty light to me. Where did you come up with 3000 lbs.? Have you weighed yours or did you come across this info somewhere else?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Interesting that shows a 1965 V8 Ranchero max weight 2908 lbs. Mine has aluminum heads aluminum intake aluminum waterpump aluminum radiator headers Fiberglass hood fiberglass front bumper lexan side windows aluminum race wheels 2 Jaz plastic racing bucket seats ( 7 lbs. each ) all these things added up should lighten the car substantially . Then I added some chromoly tubing 8 point rollbar and two batteries in the bed . I have weighed it at NHRA divisional race on their digital scale and it weighs right at 2850 . I wonder if those weights were taken with no fluids in the car. it also shows the '65 falcon weighing 2520 lbs?? Now that sounds way too light to me

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Hard to believe that the Sprint tach weighed 163 pounds and the wheels were 13 inch.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting that shows a 1965 V8 Ranchero max weight 2908 lbs. Mine has aluminum heads aluminum intake aluminum waterpump aluminum radiator headers Fiberglass hood fiberglass front bumper lexan side windows aluminum race wheels 2 Jaz plastic racing bucket seats ( 7 lbs. each ) all these things added up should lighten the car substantially . Then I added some chromoly tubing 8 point rollbar and two batteries in the bed . I have weighed it at NHRA divisional race on their digital scale and it weighs right at 2850 . I wonder if those weights were taken with no fluids in the car. it also shows the '65 falcon weighing 2520 lbs?? Now that sounds way too light to me
I guess the only way to get an accurate weight is to put it on a scale like you did. I wonder how much much weight your roll bar added? I believe that the cars were weighed with no fluids. (Hey, nice Ranchero. That thing looks like its dragging the bumper on those launches.)

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
My '65 Hardtop weighed 3050 lbs with a full tank of fuel. It has aluminum radiator, heads, intake & carb, no heater (everything removed) and a plastic fuel cell.

As I understand it the weights shown in the Ford specs are w/o fluids and no options, not even V8, auto trans, larger rearend, etc. The book I have showed my car as 2,650 lbs....not even close. The link here has it at 3008, closer but considering what I've done to lighten it up I still wonder where these number are coming from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts