Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is a good place to get a complete bushing kit? I saw some great solid control arms for like 350 but this is a low budget build.

Would still like some tighter bushings such as polly. But stock works too!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Try Energy Suspension dot com.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Galaxie, NAPA has the control arm bushings.
Energy Suspension has the bushings for the panhard bar. Look for the thread. I bought the parts listed in the thread, ENE 99106G.

I bought a set of poly bushings from Dearborn Classics but don't waste your money. Two of the bushings don't fit the '65. Apparently '65 and '66 had the same rear suspension. There was a change for '67? Maybe the '67 has 2 upper control arms?

Originally I wasn't looking for poly bushings but saw the ad in Dearborn Classics for years '65 thru 72. This was 4 years ago. I ended up getting the upper control arm bushings from NAPA. A mechanic installed all of these parts.

You need to re-use the original metal housings for the bushings.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I bought a set of poly bushings from Dearborn Classics but don't waste your money. Two of the bushings don't fit the '65. Apparently '65 and '66 had the same rear suspension. There was a change for '67? Maybe the '67 has 2 upper control arms?
the ES kit is for a later Torino that has only the lower arms bushings in common. the upper arm is a different size. its kinda a wasteful buy, but if you want poly...well, yeah.

spohn performance has complete rear suspension control arms & panhard bar can be pricy but they have sales at times on holidays and such. ;)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hey that car in your sig isn't a 65!

For the panard bushings you can use NAPA 274 6514.
You have to shorten them and press two end-to-end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts