Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I've inherited a 65 galaxie in pretty rough shape, I'm looking to replace a rear quarter window and front driver side window. I've got new glass, but I don't know where to find the chrome that frames the windows. Any clues where I could find this? I checked dearborn classics, but they don't have it.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Alright, so I've inherited a 65 galaxie in pretty rough shape, I'm looking to replace a rear quarter window and front driver side window. I've got new glass, but I don't know where to find the chrome that frames the windows. Any clues where I could find this? I checked dearborn classics, but they don't have it.
ebay maybe???

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Ebay. I recently bought all side glass with good frames on Ebay for my 65 2dr Fastback hardtop. Be very careful of what glass frames/glass you buy. The 65 has unique glass and frame shapes and most won't interchange with other years. The reason I chose to buy used glass and frames was the difficulty in changing the glass on the frames as well as the cost of new glass.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's looking more and more like I'm going to have to go the ebay route and bay frame and glass together. Sucks though because I already have the glass I need, I just need frames.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts