Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Burnt wiring, mmmm

It started by needing a little nudge to start the wipers, and ended by a puff of smoke. The feed wire from the junction is toast, but the motor is OK and it didn't go past the rubber junction, so all of the other ignition switched unfused things still work.

I just need a switch and a plug, does anyone have one they would like to sell? It appears to not be available anywhere. I hate to go with the universal Painless rotary switch, but I will if I have to.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I actually have had the same problem for a while now. The harness plug is fried internally and sometimes when I launch the car extremely hard the wipers will come on at there own discretion. The only solution I have come up with is to wire up an under dash switch that would be sufficiently hidden to not look like an eyesore. I haven't done it yet, but I need to.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have an extra one, but it has the washer option. Plug is different in the back. LMK if that is the one you need.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is the two speed with the washer too. Do you have the plug also? I am interested either way. You can PM me if you like.

Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BillBallinger on 7/20/06 8:37am ]</font>

·
Registered
74 Posts
PM sent. By the way, I need a plane washer switch myself. Turns on fine, but you have to wiggle the controller to get them to stop...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: madsapper on 7/20/06 9:04am ]</font>

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I sent you a return message on the switch. I don't have a regular one either. I'll heep an eye out for one for you.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I need one for a 64,mine shorts out when you shut it off.I wonder if a mustang from the same year would be the same .I have found a couple of place to get the stang switch but they are around $65.00.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts