Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 351W, a 351C 4V, and a couple 302s. I’m wondering what would be the best for making around 650-700hp safely N/A. It will be going in a 1968 Mustang, it will be track/street.

·
Registered
502 Posts
That will be very difficult N/A. Forget the 302s. A stroked Windsor is your only hope and still be "streetable". Even a 408ci Cleveland won't do what you want , N/A.
Good luck!

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
What is your budget? To make that power with a 351W will require some BIG aftermarket heads and a killer budget for a quality stroker kit and a good valvetrain.

If you don't have the budget for all the top quality aftermarket parts, lower your horsepower expectations, and build the 4V 351C.

It all comes down to budget...

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Lots of good advice above but you also have to realize that a solid 700 hp will only be realized with high (8K or more) rpm's, even with a big stroker.

If I was in your situation starting with the parts that you have, I'd probably build a 408 ci stroked Clever (windsor block with cleveland heads.) Properly optioned it can get you up to 600hp (or so) on pump gas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts