Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a B&M Pro Stick to install in my 66 but want to see what other are using and what they look like. Can you guys post up some pics???
Thanks!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I ran the same pro-stick for a long time, switched to a 5 speed, but I don't think that is what you are looking for. I can send you pix if you send me an email.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran the same pro-stick for a long time, switched to a 5 speed, but I don't think that is what you are looking for. I can send you pix if you send me an email.

Yes please post or send pics [email protected]

Did you not like the shifter?

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
What driving purpose(s) are you using it for?

David

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just street driver and then track every one in a while. Right now it still is sitting in the barn with no shifter.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Same here! I;m using a B&M shifter -Pro Stick, but, always needs adjusting or it goes off a notch after a few days useage, no matter how much i adjust & tighten it, old, kinda clunky

Controlling a C-4 with a Gear Vendor unit so i need postive stops, , not hard to get onto shifting, but ,maybe a shift mounted button, instead of using my left foot to shift the GV unit, be more efficient, the GV gears come on very quickly
So, yea, a shift mounted button on a positive stop, well made shifter
TCI has a new shifter out that looks pretty cool, but certainly like any ones comments/expierence on a shifter before i spring for one
Let me know 50dan if you find one,eh

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Just street driver and then track every one in a while. Right now it still is sitting in the barn with no shifter.
Then almost anything will work, but I personally prefer gated shifters. Ratchet shifters don't tell me the gear I'm in unless I look at them while driving. Gated shifters have both a position feel and use a series of detent actuations, so I know where I'm at. While not so important for drag, street and road racing requires you know your gear without looking at anything. Unfortunately, I can't suggest any brand or model, as I've made (modified) mine from other shifters. do a search for gated shifters on the web. There's also a guy (on FleaBay sometimes) that makes racing gated horseshoe shifters that I've heard are robust and reasonably priced. I have not used one of his to give a recommendation, but may be worth a look.

David

EDIT: I take that back - I have used the Winter's Sidewinder gated shifter (horizontal gate) and liked it very much. In-fact, it's what put me on-to gated-shifters. It's now made by a Winter's subdivision called Maverick Performance. Their AT components catalog has more info, or a search for "Winters Sidewinder" will get you lots more info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts