Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had '69 Galaxie disc brakes installed on my '65 Galaxie.

Noticed that the '65 and '66 T-Bird uses the same style disc brake pedal pad as the '66 and '67 Galaxie 7 Litre. I wanted to use this pedal pad. So I ordered one from a catalog.

The pedal pad I ordered bolts to the brake pedal. It has a metal plate imbeded into the rubber pad.

If someone has a '66 or '67 Galaxie with factory disc brakes can you please tell me if your pedal pad bolts to the brake pedal like the one in the picture?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Here are my 11pm pics lol. Multiple ones from behind the pedal. It is an original disc brake C-6 car. Hope they help you out. No bolts on the back though.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

As you can see, the cover clips over the pedal which is stretched/molded over the metal pedal pad. No fasteners of any kind.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Easy to install.remove pedal assembly from car remove pad then grind the welds off to remove metal pad then you have to gind the frt of the arm flat for new pad to rest on clamp it ahd install in car to check location,yhistakes a couple tries to get right.if happy with location remove and tack weld in place then drill and install 2 5/16 bolts, did my galaxie7litre 2 years ago looks and works great

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sifu-Sitaigung thanks for the late night detail photos.

Speez12 may modify what you did.

My '65 was originally manual brakes. My brake pedal assembly is not as thick as the picture Sifu-Sitaigung took. There is a horizontal piece behind the sheet metal that my Galaxie rubber brake pad is attached to. Its not thick enough to drill holes to bolt the T-Bird pedal.

I drilled the rivets out of the T-Bird pedal and removed the bracket. What I'll do next is remove the brake pedal from my car. I can drill some 1/2" holes in the sheet metal on the brake pedal. Then take it somewhere and have someone weld the T-Bird pad to brake pedal where the holes are.

Don't want to damage or melt the rubber on the T-Bird pad. What do I want to have done arc weld?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
tig weld you will haveto cut the galaxie pudal because it is about 3/4 inch wider another benifit of this is it gives a little room between accel pedal and brake pedal

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Sifu-Sitaigung thanks for the late night detail photos.

Speez12 may modify what you did.

My '65 was originally manual brakes. My brake pedal assembly is not as thick as the picture Sifu-Sitaigung took. There is a horizontal piece behind the sheet metal that my Galaxie rubber brake pad is attached to. Its not thick enough to drill holes to bolt the T-Bird pedal.

I drilled the rivets out of the T-Bird pedal and removed the bracket. What I'll do next is remove the brake pedal from my car. I can drill some 1/2" holes in the sheet metal on the brake pedal. Then take it somewhere and have someone weld the T-Bird pad to brake pedal where the holes are.

Don't want to damage or melt the rubber on the T-Bird pad. What do I want to have done arc weld?
If you mark everything off and ship it to me in VA I will TIG weld it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sifu-Sitaigung, thanks for the offer, I found someone local. Your right, I'll need to take about 3/4" off the pedal on the right side.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Good luck and please post some pics when it's finished. Glad to of helped out.

Tommy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts